Artists who look for possibilities to perform in Porgy en Bess can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Porgy en Bess has two categories of performances:
– Professional groups in different disciplines like jazz, roots (blues, americana, rock, etc.) classical chamber music and other sorts of music. We also have a busy literary program with lectures and book presentations.
– ‘Local Heroes‘, these are mainly locally based amateur groups who may use the podium against a modest fee and are free to sell tickets at the door for their own expenses.
- Podium: 8 x 4 m.
- Piano Steinway model O (1.80 m) Hamburg 1936, complete overhaul in 2017
- Fender Rodes Mark 1 88 complete overhaul in 2014 by Steven Kruyswijk.
- Double Bass: 4/4/ Josef Rubner year 1900
- Drum sets: Pearl jazz set and another Pearl set for general use.
- Bass amplifier: Eden Metro for double bass and bass guitar
- Guitar amplifier: Fender Twin Reverb
- PA Midas Venice F 32 channels deck with 4 monitor groups. Extensive collection of dynamic and condenser microphones, d.i. boxes, etc. more details at request.
Catering: We provide hot and cold drinks for our visiting artists plus sandwiches, fruit and, if necessary, hot meals respecting dietary requests.
Hotel: On request we can make hotel reservations
Band Room: we have a special, very comfortable room on the first floor for artists with a separate dressing room which can be locked. Also seperate toilet and shower are available.
Parking: The artist entrance is at the back of Porgy en Bess with parking license for maximal 3 vehicles. See instructions below.